BoxCrush is seeking a full-time applicant for the role of Web Designer. Applicants should have advanced graphic design skills as described below. Applicant will be expected to participate in the development cycle that entails designing a website from scratch, producing a layered Photoshop file, and turning it into a complete XHTML/CSS template for client approval. Once the template has been approved, the applicant will be expected to build a finished website from the template and supplied content.
Compensation includes a salary that depends on knowledge and experience. Retirement benefits, including a matching contribution of 4%, are available after one year. This is a great opportunity for an energetic, organized self-starter with a great portfolio to join a fun, dynamic and growing company.
- Ability to design corporate websites from scratch
- Advanced Graphic Design skills working with page layout, fonts, and colors
- Ability to design and produce layered Photoshop files
- Ability to slice images, crop photos, web optimize, and remove backgrounds (clipping paths)
- Seeking designers with an outstanding portfolio
- Collaborate with client, sales associate, and art director to produce high quality custom design
Helpful skills (not required)
- Expert level XHTML/CSS hand coding
- Keen understanding of Valid XHTML and complex CSS relationships
- Understanding of table-less layout for cross-browser support
- Familiarity with programming languages such as .NET
- Ability to build rollover navigation from Unordered Lists
- Understand/be able to manipulate Dreamweaver Templates, Library Items, Check-in/Checkout process
- Understanding of skinning content management systems (Sitefinity, WordPress, Drupal, DNN, etc.)
- Fluency in English language required for consideration
- U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Resident or Green Card required for consideration
- All candidates must submit to a post-offer, pre-employment successful drug screen and criminal background check for final employment consideration
- We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran or other qualifying veteran. BoxCrush is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE.
Please do not call. Send your resume to email@example.com
Include examples of previous work (student projects are acceptable) and a list of your favorite websites, blogs, and/or industry related books.